Chris Stott has created several successful space businesses and organizations. Yet when he first told me about his stealth project a few months ago, I was more than a little skeptical. Could data storage on the Moon actually work?
Chris Stott on Data Storage on the Moon
Now that Lonestar Lunar has come out of stealth mode, Chris can explain what the company is doing and why. Cold Star Project host Jason Kanigan asks Chris Stott:
- What problem are you solving?
- Who will use it?
- How did the business case present itself?
- How was the executive team chosen?
- Why is it cheaper to build a data center on the Moon rather than on Earth?
- What are the steps involved in implementing your solution?
- Who are you dependent upon eg. launch provider to put equipment there?
- Do you have sites chosen?
- What improvements do you need to make to commercial data storage & transmission equipment to have it survive this environment?
- In your other life at Mansat you’ve developed considerable competency in the field of spectrum. Given the volume of data I imagine you’ll be moving back and forth, is there any extra requirement?
- How should early adopters contact you?
Lonestar Lunar website: https://www.lonestarlunar.com/
Previous appearances by Chris Stott on the Cold Star Project: https://coldstarproject.com/chrisstottcoldstar
OpEx Society: https://www.opexsociety.org
Get new episodes directly in your inbox: https://www.coldstartech.com/msb
Talk to Cold Star: https://coldstartech.com/talktous