Space industry analyst Nicholas Borroz moved from America to New Zealand to get a PhD in International Business, and ultimately start a space consultancy. But how did he break into the field, and what has he learned about the business of space–and the approach of most space sector companies to it? Space business owners, students and inventors seeking venture capital will find important information in this discussion.
Nicholas Borroz on the Challenges of Space Companies
Cold Star Project host Jason Kanigan asks Nick:
- How did you end up in NZ?
- Peace Corps, doctorate … Tell us about your journey in the space industry.
- What sorts of services do you offer at Rotoiti?
- What don’t you do?
- What sorts of clients do you work for: segment, geography, and sector?
- How did you choose these areas of service focus?
- What are some common difficulties you notice space industry market actors facing?
- How can NZ/Oz companies & US companies work together on space projects?
Rotoiti website: https://rotoiti.space/
OpEx Society: https://www.opexsociety.org
Talk to Cold Star: https://coldstartech.com/talktous