Matthew Travis on Environmentally Friendly Propulsion
Experienced space startup founder Matthew Travis returns to the Cold Star Project. What has his journey and pivot been like as he finds product-to-market fit in the space industry? What need is there for environmentally friendly propulsion for space launch and spacecraft? Host Jason Kanigan asks Matt:
- What indicators have you found that point to a need for environmentally friendly propulsion technology for space launch?
- Who’s your customer?
- How did you focus on nanosatellites as your target market?
- How will this technology impact the marketplace and the planet’s ecosystem?
- Tell us about your journey in developing this technology. What R&D hurdles and successes have you experienced?
- When it comes to the operational areas of Sales and Production, what have you learned? Especially since this is not your first space company.
NASA’s Green Propulsion Roadmap: https://ntrs.nasa.gov/api/citations/20180006412/downloads/20180006412.pdf
The European Union is moving toward banning hydrazine. Ref: REACH https://www.esa.int/Enabling_Support/Space_Engineering_Technology/ESA_responding_to_EU_s_REACH_chemical_law
Aphelion Aerospace website: https://aphelionaerospace.com/
OpEx Society: https://www.opexsociety.org
Talk to Cold Star: https://coldstartech.com/talktous